[DeTomaso] ISP spam blockers

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:10:16 EDT 2020

As you know, ISPs try to limit the spam we all get in our inboxes.

Sometimes they go too far, and block valid mail.

BTinternet is famous for this.

Example:

I hear from this new user.  He may have not read the FAQs pages, as he didn't

correctly follow the instructions.  So he sent me a help request e-mail.

I responded manually, taking time to write specifics.

He didn't respond.  I received another request.

I noticed he uses btinternet (British Telecom Internet Service Provider), and I was

having similar problems with other BT users.  I sent a 2nd message.  While I get his mail

he is not getting mine.  He displayed increasing frustration with my lack of reply.

Now I start getting frustrated, as I take time to reply, but his ISP is blocking my mail to him.

I had to use Mike Drew to send him a message, explaining the block is on his end.

This is something I can not fix, only he can.  He said he looked in his (local?) spam folder.

Apparently he does not know there are multiple areas where valid mail can get warehoused.

The one he likely didn't search is the folder on his ISP server.

I had given him a week to resolve, then I sent another message, and I didn't get a reply.

He told Mike he <thinks> he is getting all my mail

(obviously not correct, from the lack of answers to my questions).

As this has happened a few times, I'm posting this topic in hopes of resolving anyone else that

does not get all their valid mail.

When you create an account, you are sent an automatic <activation> e-mail.  When you activate your account

you are sent a "Registry Welcome Message", (within a day or so) with useful links and details on how to get started.

If you do not receive this, then YOU need to resolve this with your ISP.

Luckily this represents less than 1% of registry users, but it can be frustrating when it does occur.

So, make sure you get your messages.

If you just keep sending me requests, questions, and such, but block my replies, I WILL eventually ignore you.

<sorry> but that is how it is.

Best Regards to the all the registry users,

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp