[DeTomaso] Charlie’s clutch

oldwheel at shaw.ca oldwheel at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 10 20:12:06 EDT 2020

Hi Mike

I have a new Centerforce DF700000 clutch pressure plate and dual friction disc that I never used because I changed my mind and bought the fancy special one with CF steel flywheel to match it $$. I will sell it for $150USD plus shipping. I am in Canada, so that the shipping may be an issue. If you want it, I’ll try to get a shipping quote. I don’t have the plastic alignment tool.

I’m very happy with the special clutch CF sells for our Panteras. It is smaller and lighter than the full size 11 inch Ford clutch but holds the same torque, so easier on the shifts and syncros. The DF700000 fits any Ford with the same 164 ring gear teeth and 10 splines as the Pantera. (A LOT of cars and trucks) My understanding was that there are no issues with clearance in the Pantera bellhousing and no special release bearing is required. YRMV

Barry

 <mailto:detomaso%40server.detomasolist.com?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BDeTomaso%5D%20%3D%3Futf-8%3Fq%3FCharlie%3DE2%3D80%3D99s_clutch%3F%3D&In-Reply-To=%3CE99796FD-5E71-48B4-B1B0-F1A4257C573A%40aol.com%3E> MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 17:48:58 EDT 2020

*	Messages sorted by:  <http://server.detomasolist.com/pipermail/detomaso/2020-April/date.html#106202> [ date ]  <http://server.detomasolist.com/pipermail/detomaso/2020-April/thread.html#106202> [ thread ]  <http://server.detomasolist.com/pipermail/detomaso/2020-April/subject.html#106202> [ subject ]  <http://server.detomasolist.com/pipermail/detomaso/2020-April/author.html#106202> [ author ]

  _____

Thomas,

That’s fascinating. We have always been told that a conventional 351C clutch won’t work in a Pantera due to the higher finger height which causes it to strike the inside of the bellhousing. But perhaps that’s not true for diaphragm clutches like this?

What did you use for your throwout bearing? Did you have to shim it forward because of the lower finger height?

The Centerforce website only gives a single application for this part number—Ford E-100 econoline Van. But the Summit website shows applications for virtually every Ford car and truck of the period.

Thanks!

Mike

Sent from my iPad

   [1]MikeLDrew at aol.com