[DeTomaso] EZ EFI 2.0

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Fri Sep 20 20:35:50 EDT 2019

I have had lots of bad experiences with electronic fuel injection.  The
only one that seems to apply was a mismatch between ECU and the O2
sensor it expected.  For some reason the ECU would not shut down the
preheat circuit on the O2 sensor and it would burn up the O2 sensor
pretty quickly and then the ECU would go into "limp" mode and retard the
timing and fatten the fuel.

YMMV,
jerry knotts

On 9/20/2019 4:29 PM, Dennis Sanford via DeTomaso wrote:
>     Has anyone had any experience with the F.A.S.T. EZ EFI 2.0 system?
>     I've been going through O2 sensors at the rate of about one a month.
>     After a month or so the correction percentage shown with shoot up to
>     about 25% and the engine will not idle without loading up.  The only
>     way to correct it is to replace the sensor and then in a month or so it
>     will foul again.  My engine has been stroked to 408 and I had a
>     customized stainless steel exhaust system fabricated by American Racing
>     Headers and the bung is located at the beginning of the collector.

---
https://www.avg.com
[...]

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.

   Visible links
   1. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com