[DeTomaso] DeTomaso experts or keen observers (5122)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:28:09 EDT 2019

When I compare two photo sets, I try to rule out the obvious features that are easy (easier ?) to change.

I've seen interiors changed, or just dyed for example.

And ignore those things someone is likely to include when they convert the car to a GT5-S body, such as quarter panel lights.

There are still a lot of differences.

The advertisement from 2018 with pics credited to Anamera, clearly states 5122 as the VIN,

but claims a FR date of May 24th, 1990.  Way too late for chassis number 5122 (March 1973 is likely)

However I strongly suspect this Anamera Pantera is a 'true' 9000 series GT5-S, and is not 5122.

If any photos showed the rear inner fenders I believe it would show the 9000 series square style.

(The later car has the larger plate opening, and other true GT5-S features.)

Roland was first to call out, and Garth has a lot to add.

I agree.  Two different cars.

After the masses have a chance to review the details,

I am planning on making the 9000 series car set it's own unique entry.

Thanks group,

Chuck

Interior differences - They're completely different interiors altogether!

 - Color

 - Center Console

 - Defroster vents on top of dash in different locations

 - AC/Heat Dash Vents shape & location

 - Small gauges just outside of speedometer and tachometer missing from one car

 - HVAC controls

 - Stereo orientation

 - Seat Belts different - aftermarket vs original

 - Door panels completely different

 - Wood insert in dash on one car

 - Seat upholstery

 - Carpet & color

 - Steering Wheel

 - Missing seatbelt light on one car

I'll stop there. The differences in the engine compartment are too numerous to list.