[DeTomaso] DeTomaso experts or keen observers (5122)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 12:56:55 EDT 2019

Up for discussion is Pantera GTS 5122.

It is claimed to be a 1973 vintage Pantera GTS that has been modified to a GT5-S body (and features).

Direct link is on the cover page, in the recent activity list box, or search for 5122.

Over the years I have received photos and details of this car.

The people sharing the content had provided the VIN each time as 5122.

Even factory paperwork indicating the VIN has been supplied.

If you scroll up and down comparing the oldest photos to the most current ones,

you will find just way too many differences for this to be the same car.

I flagged the entry as needing investigation years ago, but didn't get to it, just not enough time.

Note all the differences between the car(s ?) shown.  Some could have been done during the change to GT5-S,

but there are others that are not so likely, or occurred some time later.

(Yet another case where photos of the VIN plates would help.)

First what is your list of differences ?

Then, what do you think ?

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp