[DeTomaso] Battery Cable Ends, OK to solder?

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Sun Oct 20 23:15:41 EDT 2019

I remember when I was doing cables for 5332.  Yup, Napa can absolutely trash a connector while trying to crimp it.  Gads, what a mess.  I like solder - mine are soldered very soundly.  I seem to remember we had a helicopter pro on this forum who ranted about soldered wiring on helicopters and how bad it was.  Probably right.  Who cares?  I don't fly a copter.  But on cars - geesh - I am confident that I will not see my soldered battery cables solder crack any time soon.   Flip side, the battery would probably fall apart first - given the plates are what, lead???

Geesh.

stephen