[DeTomaso] A/C for Phoenix needed

burrid1 at netzero.net burrid1 at netzero.net
Wed Oct 16 22:24:43 EDT 2019

Getting ready for Phoenix and would like to have A/C.  1. Who makes best radiator and what fans should be used to keep car below 180 on hottest days?  2. Should A/C condensed be located in front or rear of car? If in front, before or behind radiator? 3. Should evaporator be replaced with new and where to purchase? 4. New compressor required and can R12 be used or should I purchase R134? Engine standard 351 Cleveland. No hood vents on car and do not want to add. Presently running Hall’s Phoenix radiator in laydown position with dual Spals but no shroud. Takes a long time to heat up because of the amount of water in the system but it does on 100 plus days in hour plus traffic. I plan to use R134 in new system. Anything I've missed?