[DeTomaso] Brakes

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 17 10:41:49 EST 2019

To expand on Mike's response, Scott at SACC Restorations offers a couple of brake kit options that include a standalone parking brake;

https://www.saccrestorations.net/pantera-rear-caliper-upgrade-kit-for-stock-rotors-4-piston-w-parking-brake/

https://www.saccrestorations.net/pantera-caliper-upgrade-kit-for-stock-rotors-6-piston-w-parking-brake/

IPSCO has been offering a mechanical spot parking brake caliper for some years, your choice of primary brake caliper.

https://www.ipsco.org/Pantera%20Parts/parkingbrakekit.htm

Many of the standalone parking brake options (and I don't have experience of them all) are based on a spot caliper that often doesn't have significant clamping force to use the parking brake as intended. Personally I think the Brits have this one down as their calipers and handbrake are required to undergo rolling road resistance testing on an annual basis for the MOT test. Hi-Spec offer integrated calipers with mechanical parking brake;

http://www.hispeccalipers.co.uk/rear.html

As another option for a standalone parking brake  John Haas has recently introduced a controller for Tesla electric parking brake calipers, one needs to source a pair of calipers.

https://pantera-electronics.com/electricalproducts.htm

Julian