[DeTomaso] Metal particles in Transaxle

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Jun 24 12:05:20 EDT 2019

Dear Wayne,

               Fret not.   Over thirty years and two Panteras and two ZFs
and episodes of dino transaxle oil as well as synthetic, I observed the
little accumulation of metal particles on the magnet just as you have.
Never was a ZF lube change without some noticeable accumulation.   ZF
experts tell that is normal.   I would say that your picture shows a normal
amount of debris.  It does not show any large nor medium chunky bits.  It
will never come out clean when changed at normal intervals.   Have a good
nightcap this evening and rest well.

                           Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles