[DeTomaso] Ignition key Lock - tumbler housing

Wayne Boian wayneboian at windstream.net
Sat Jun 8 22:23:23 EDT 2019

Mike, thanks for the reply.

My car had some different issues so I continued on with the disassembly of
the tumbler from the tumbler housing. The notes at Pantera Place are spot on
about the need to keep the key inserted when removing the tumbler from the
housing to keep the pin plates from falling out. It turns out that the
problem was a spring in one of the pin plates was in a bind or jammed up
(stuck) causing the pin plate to not move freely.  I did find some
metal/plating chips that should have not been there. The pins and springs
were removed for cleaning and then given a ultrasonic bath. After reassembly
it appears to be working correctly.

During the rebuild I could see other signs of age and wear, but this will
get the car running for now. I would like to find a new tumbler and housing
so if anyone has information on that please let me know.

On a different note, is there a policy/restrictions on posting pictures.?

Thanks
Wayne