[DeTomaso] NPC: Buying a car out of state - help!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:51:05 EST 2019

Brent,

I have done just that in the past with wired funds on multiple occasions, but not until I have completed a little detective work on transaction history, type etc. and physically spoken to the seller a couple times.

With scams being far more prevalent and sophisticated I'd now be more reluctant to part with my money so willingly in that fashion. There are escrow services available, but even they need checking out thoroughly, especially if recommended by the seller. I'd likely try calling on the De Tomaso community and pay a local member to check out the car and seller are real with a physical location.

eBay theoretically has buyer protection, but I wouldn't want to test that and not sure it covers payments outside Paypal. I have no idea how BaT fine print reads, as to whether they are simply a consignor/broker on commission or whether they have skin in the game. You would think they would want to ensure a smooth transaction with the open forum commenting.

Julian