[DeTomaso] Fwd: Brake Pressure Differential Valve

Joe Jaffoni 427390 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:53:30 EST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joe Jaffoni <427390 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Brake Pressure Differential Valve
To: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>

Thanks Julian - it is leaking from the plastic switch in the center of the
brass block that faces toward the rear of the car.  If everything is
working correctly, it is my understanding there is not supposed to be any
fluid in that location (so it's not a cross thread issue but rather as you
say, and internal issue probably due to failure of the o rings which were
supposed to have been replaced when it was rebuilt).

 I am going to check in with the vendors shortly to see what they can hook
me up with (they are on the west coast and I'm in NYC, the worst place in
the USA to try to get car parts of any kind)...

If the vendors can't help, I have asked Mike Drew, GoNancy and Chuck Engels
for photos of their shuttle valve elimination set ups and I'll go that
route - Joe

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 AM Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com wrote:

> It may be a silly question, but the brake warning switch is original
> correct? That is a metric thread unit so just checking you don't have a
> thread mismatch issue.
>
> If the unit is leaking internally across the seals you have inter
> connectivity and possibly pressure equalization between your front and rear
> brake circuits which isn't ideal.
>
> Did you call other vendors like Larry Stock for a replacement unit?
>
> Julian
>
> ------------------------------

   the brass block that faces toward the rear of the car.A  If everything
   is working correctly, it is my understanding there is not supposed to
   be any fluid in that location (so it's not a cross thread issue but
   rather as you say, and internal issue probably due to failure of the o
   rings which were supposed to have been replaced when it was rebuilt).
   A I am going to check in with the vendors shortly to see what they can
   On Tue, Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 AM Julian Kift <[3]julian_kift at hotmail.com
   It may be a silly question, but the brake warning switch is original
   correct? That is a metric thread unit so just checking you don't have a
   thread mismatch issue.
   If the unit is leaking internally across the seals you have inter
   connectivity and possibly pressure equalization between your front and
   rear brake circuits which isn't ideal.A
   Did you call other vendors like Larry Stock for a replacement unit?
   Julian

   I had a nice call from Larry Finch last night and one thought we had
   was to
   simply plug the port where theA  brown brake pressure differential
   switch is
   screwed in.A  I'd also like to consider the solution that GoNancy and
   Chuck
   Engles are using by eliminating the shuttle valve altogether and using
   micro switch on the brake pedal.A  Would it be possible to send me pics
   of
   your "plumbing" and the switch you added? Much appreciated - Joe
   I am getting close to the first post-resto drive and tried to bleed the
   brakes this weekend but brake fluid is leaking out (heavily) from the
   center of the port where the brown brake pressure differential switch
   is
   screwed in.A  I previously had the valve rebuilt by Muscle Car Research
   in
   Virginia which sells the rebuild kit...
   From what Iave read, there should be no fluid at this "switch" port so
   the
   leak indicates that the internal o-rings are allowing brake fluid into
   that
   center port.A  I donat want to try to rebuild it again.
   it ([9]https://panterapartsusa.myshopify.com/products/01316A) but I