[DeTomaso] Bill Taylor Gearhead Database update

Himes, Terry (397C) Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Feb 24 13:56:02 EST 2019

Actually, it's not too bad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxxrj585mfam564/Screenshot%202019-02-24%2010.55.19.png?dl=0

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Juno Systems & Software Team
TGO Sequence Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
🇺🇸

On 2/23/19, 5:08 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via DeTomaso" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

    All,

    Bill has asked me to take over the maintenance and upkeep of his legendary Gearhead Database. For those who are unaware, this is an incredible resource, in the form of an Excel database filled with thousands and thousands of useful facts and links, all very well-organized.

    You need to replace the bearing in your A/C idler pulley? Just go to the ‘bearings’ section, and the necessary part number is right there.

    And so forth.

    For years, Mike Dailey has hosted the file in the technical information section of the Panteraplace.com website, and it will continue to be hosted there. Every few months, I will send him an updated version with added data points.

    If you find a tidbit of info and want it added, please send it to me.

    Bill wrote to me:

    “One problem with the database is inoperative URLs. If you ask the forum, you will find a member who is into software and can write the necessary program/scrip/whatever to check every URL in the database to see if it is still active and produce a list of the inactive ones. I cannot remember the name of the fellow who did that years ago, but he might still be around. In any case, there will no doubt be someone who knows how and will be willing to do that task. URLs becoming inactive or changed is an ongoing problem with this sort of database.”

    If somebody has the necessary skeels to deal with this challenge, please let me know.

    Thanks to Bill for his tireless dedication to this cause. No matter who manages it going forward, it is and always shall be the Bill Taylor Gearhead Database!

    Mike

    Sent from my iPad