[DeTomaso] Fuel level sender removal

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 18:00:12 EST 2019

All,

It seems to me it’s possible to remove the fuel level sender without removing the side window glass. In fact I’m fairly certain I’ve done it, years ago, but can’t remember for certain. Can anybody confirm please?

Also does anybody know which wire goes where on a two-wire sending unit? My old one has three wires but new one has no provision for ground, so I will have to fabricate one. I have a 50/50 chance of getting the other wires correct but would like to improve my odds. I have no reason to believe the new sender will respect the wiring orientation of the old one?

Mike

Sent from my iPad