[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Pre-L mufflers and L Panteras

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Dec 2 20:03:04 EST 2019

Dear Forum,

             I have acquired a NOS right exhaust.  It appears that the
muffler tips have a distinct upward pre-L angle.  I have a Pantera L.

             Dumb question:  Is it a simple and reasonable task to perform a
bit of cutting and bending to modify a pre-L muffer angle to a Pantera L
straight muffler configuration?     It seems like some judicious cutting
bending and welding might do the trick.

                            Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles