[DeTomaso] Pantera Temperature Gauges

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Fri Aug 23 10:40:00 EDT 2019

   Over the years I have heard that the temperature gauges in Panteraas
   were a bit off. And, Iave heard that adding a 10 ohm resister in series
   with the temperature probe would make the gauge more accurate. In fact,
   at least one vendor offers a nifty plug and play setup to do just this.

   Our car came with the 230F gauge a which shows 160F as the centered
   point on the scale. With a 190F thermostat a the car always looks like
   it is running warm. And, when the car is actually hot a as in I set the
   radiator fan controller to come on at around 210 and off at 220F, well,
   it looks like the thing is really too hot, with the needle way over to
   the right. I was also aware that later cars came with 260F gauges. So,
   I set out to find a 260 on eBay. Sure enough, one showed up and found a
   new home. Naturally, I was curious how accurate it was. And, well, for
   that matter, how accurate the original was.

   I wrote a short article to discuss what I learned - hopefully helping
   others to understand a bit more about their temperature gauges.  Here
   is a link to the
   article: [1]https://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Automotove-Techi
   nical-Articles/Pantera-DeTomaso-Temperature-Gauges/

   Hopefully the article makes sense...

   Stephen