[DeTomaso] Window Motor Upgrade

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 15:19:36 EDT 2019

FWIW, Ted told me a good part of the 'profit' is in buying the factory hydraulic cable crimper so as to reliably shorten the donor car's too-long drive cable length and still have a 'factory-dependable' connection. The kit included new window guides, all-stainless hardware and plug-&-play electrics to stock door looms. It's also 8 lbs off each door's weight and runs the glass all the way down a measured 3X faster, without strain. Got mine at full price over 15 years ago and no problems yet. No regrets, either.  J DeRyke

Rick Mitchell is still selling them.

I paid the same. Having seen both stock and the Vader units, I was sold. So smooth and fast comparatively speaking. Plus, you don't have to spend lots of time filing, grinding and modifying the stock regulator and window assembly to go all the way down.

It is pricey. Kirk Evans told me how much profit margin he thought there is in the kits, yet not critical of the actual product.

I paid the same. Having seen both stock and the Vader units, I was sold. So smooth and fast comparatively speaking. Plus, you don't have to spend lots of time filing, grinding and modifying the stock regulator and window assembly to go all the way down.

It is pricey. Kirk Evans told me how much profit margin he thought there is in the kits, yet not critical of the actual product.

Corey

> On Aug 15, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> They are still that price from Vader and a quality bolt on upgrade. All I’m saying is they are not hard to reverse engineer if one is so inclined and able to execute some fabrication work.
>
> Julian
>
>> On Aug 15, 2019, at 20:23, Richard Greenblum <richard at richardgreenblum.com> wrote:
>>
>> I must have bought at the wrong time—I think I paid about $750 for the full setup.
>>
>> Richard
>> Austin, TX
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Aug 15, 2019, at 21:49, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> His son was advertising them on the PI Forum a little while back. The unit is a fairly standard one that if I recall correctly can be had for ~$40 a side and then some minimal fab work required if you are so inclined.
>>>
>>> Julian

>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

   I paid the same. Having seen both stock and the Vader units, I was
   sold. So smooth and fast comparatively speaking. Plus, you don't have
   to spend lots of time filing, grinding and modifying the stock
   regulator and window assembly to go all the way down.
   It is pricey. Kirk Evans told me how much profit margin he thought
   there is in the kits, yet not critical of the actual product.
   Corey
   > On Aug 15, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>
   wrote:

   > They are still that price from Vader and a quality bolt on upgrade.
   All Iam saying is they are not hard to reverse engineer if one is so

   <[5]wayneboian at windstream.net> wrote:

   my to-do list. Looking forward to see comments from others.

   whether to go the Windstar route or the Taurus route. What are the pros
   and cons of each? Does anyone sell a kit so that I can be sure that
   I'll get the correct motors (four lug vs. three lug for Aerostar, etc.)
   Thank for any help!

   forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members
   of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an

   forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members
   of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an

   >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.) use the links above.

   >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward

   use the links above.

   use the links above.