[DeTomaso] A/C Condenser Replacement

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 02:15:17 EDT 2019

Bill,

You used the term “billet” when referring to your compressor. This tells me you likely have a fancy, hot rod billet chromed compressor which looks like a genuine Sanden but unless the market has changed recently, is sadly a low quality china knock off. Since your first compressor did actually fail, this leads me to even more firmly believe you should not replace your compressor with another of the same.

I strongly suggest you seek out a genuine Sanden SD-7 compressor or be prepared to revisit the compressor failure you are currently dealing with.

My 2¢.

Good luck,

Larry