[DeTomaso] A/C Condenser Replacement

Bill Cartus bcartus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 22:06:10 EDT 2019

I'm thinking about replacing my "factory" 4-row A/C condenser core since my compressor blew putting 'gasket' pieces throughout the system (fortunately no metal filings). I'm replacing the Billett compressor with the same SD-7 model, new drier, new expansion valve, and flushing the rest of the system. When I was flushing the condenser, it appears that most of the stuff was in there.  I'm thinking I may be better off with a replacement, but the newer condensers are much thinner (if I can even find the right size - 17x11 at all). Is anyone using these newer, thinner condensers, do they work better, and where did you get it?  Thanks!
Bill CartusPantera #03633Atlanta, GA