[DeTomaso] [EXTERNAL] Air cleaner suggestions

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Aug 11 14:54:00 EDT 2019

All,

For those more interested in exploring this project here are the components I used.

Remember, this project requires a flexible stainless steel oil dipstick tube (Lokar) and relocation of the coolant tanks with the associated changes to the coolant tank piping.

I fabricated my own new brackets for the coolant tanks but have recently switched to the billet aluminum bracket sold by Larry Stock which coincidentally places the coolant tanks very near the location I had chosen.

Reworking the piping involved cutting the SS water tubes and reconnecting using variously angled silicone elbows and T-bolt clamps.

K&N 4” cone filters - RC-4680
Spectre plenum and elbows

IIRC this project took at least 30-40 hours and required waiting on the silicone elbows and the new oil tube.

Unlike what most of our vendors tell us, here’s a heads up ....... this is not a simple bolt on project.

Feel free to contact me off list if you have questions.

Larry