[DeTomaso] Motion Pro Cable Luber

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Fri Aug 9 10:24:25 EDT 2019

   A week or so ago I read about a cable luber on the Superformance
   forum.  Given our Daytona Coupe had (past tense) a really stiff heater
   control cable I decided to see if it would help.  It showed up
   Wednesday and I tried it yesterday.  Not the easiest set-up ever, but
   it worked.  I was able to push oil through the cable and reduced the
   effort to turn the temperature control knob by like 75%.
   While tough to set up, and tighten the fitting around the cable, once
   everything was tightened down it was easy to inject oil into the cable
   housing.
   I put together a small photo gallery to show what I did.
   Oh - on dog bones - I love our dog bone.  And our car is still way too
   powerful.
   Stephen Nelson
   [1]https://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Automotove-Techinical-Art
   icles/Motion-Pro-Cable-Luber-V3-Tool/i-P6pP7n3