[DeTomaso] Overhauled and valuable car parts lost by shipping carrier!!!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:16:12 EDT 2019

I would agree that the company that shipped and insured them is ultimately responsible for replacement, they are incumbent until delivered and knowingly took the risk of under insuring.

UPS normally won't process a claim until it is clearly evident they have truly lost the parts, which usually means waiting a week or two. They do seem to lose track of stuff with surprising frequency despite all the handheld scan in - scan out processes and fortunately more often than not it turns up again.

Believe it or not I actually once had a radiator expansion tank / bottle turn up via USPS over 6 months after it was shipped.

Julian