[DeTomaso] Wiper Hood Grills

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 12 17:26:24 EDT 2018

David,

I’m glad you stated your VIN. There were four different styles of wiper grilles used, and they do not (easily) interchange. You need the second style, which thankfully is the most common. Left-hand Park, with pins.

They are pretty expensive however.  Wilkinson lists them for about $250 each; I have heard of other vendors charging $500 each!

Precision Proformance sells replacement grills which have no holes in them, for people who choose to remove the wiper system entirely (really dumb IMHO) for only $150 each. Hall used to sell them but no longer shows them on their website. If I needed some, I would consider buying these and then having a machine shop cut out the holes in the proper place (but you would need to have your old ones to use as a model).

Good luck!

Mike

Sent from my iPad