[DeTomaso] converting to factory ZF side mounts

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri May 25 13:17:05 EDT 2018

All,

My 2511 is an early, rear-mounted ZF car. I have been using an aftermarket side-mount system, but now wish to convert 2511 to the factory side-mount system.

I have obtained the two factory ZF side-mount pieces and will need to install appropriate chassis sheet metal brackets. While Denny Finn can fabricate what is needed, I am wondering if by chance anyone has some or all of the factory pieces for this conversion?

I realize the rear structure varies between the early and late cars in this area, but if factory pieces are available, that might be a better approach than just starting entirely from scratch.

Since a picture is said to be worth a thousand words, I’m attaching two photos to help clarify the body sheetmetal I am seeking.

If anyone has any pieces that might be of value in accomplishing this conversion, please let me know.

Thanks,

Larry