[DeTomaso] Window door channels replacement

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Jul 10 19:41:59 EDT 2018

On my early model (1488), I found that the lower sections could be removed
without any degradation. It stopped all binding at the lower end of the
glass movement. Later, I replaced the regulator with the cable drive system
and the windows work twice as fast like the car is brand new.

-------------- next part --------------
   On my early model (1488), I found that the lower sections could be
   removed without any degradation. It stopped all binding at the lower
   end of the glass movement. Later, I replaced the regulator with the
   cable drive system and the windows work twice as fast like the car is
   brand new.A

     When taking things apart I found out that my front and back channel
     guides
     are actually two separate pieces; lower section and upper section.
     Is this correct or are they supposed to be one continuous piece?
     As they are configured now it is certainly possible to replace the
     lower
     ones with window in up position and possibly even upper ones with
     window il
     down position.
     I am just not sure if this is correct or they are supposed to be
     continuous?
     etc.) use the links above.