[DeTomaso] Re Opening console for modern din 1 (2 by 7) radio???

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 16:04:52 EST 2018

    Thanks, I 'll check Crutchfield.
   The flange on the mounting sleeve is only maybe 1/16 inch.  The hole can't be even a little oversized.  The face of the radio is only slightly larger.  Not real user friendly.  I tried to find a bezel made for a din 1 radio, but can't find one.
    I could try to make a sheet metal bezel?  If I mess it up, I can make another one.  Sheet metal would provide a more positive indexing to the sleeve than the fiberglass.  Maybe just a 1/4 inch around the opening, paint it black?
Ken

  Crutchfield will most likely have an universal bezel or trim ring, but
  if your radio face is already larger it's not designed for one. You can
  usually use the mounting sleeve for a template and it has tabs that
  bend around the back side of the opening prior to sliding in the radio.
  Just go easy with a Dremel tool until the sleeve slides in the hole.

  Julian