[DeTomaso] vacation suggestions

Niels de Vries Niels at totta.nl
Mon Feb 5 04:33:36 EST 2018

Hi All, I'm new to this forum, my introduction will follow.
On the Nurburgring.... I live in Holland and often visit the Nurburging. Before anyone goes there, two words of advice:
1. check their website whether they are open for public or not (often it is booked and not open for tourists, "Touristenfahrten")
2. be very cautious when driving there, it is dangerous! Ask someone who knows the track if you can follow him/her at least two rounds. The track is fast and narrow, has blind and of camber corners and the barrier is very close to the track. The surface is very different depending on type of tarmac - there are 7 different tarmac types used throughout the track - and weather conditions)
On public days, you will meet bikes, campers, tourist buses, DTM race cars and everything in between, all with maximum speed. You will damage your car if you think it is a 'normal' track...

Other tips:
- the area around the Nurburgring (Eifel region) is beautiful, really nice roads, small towns with good food
- the Stelvio pass, a classic!
- Porsche Museum

Hope this helps!
Cheers,