[DeTomaso] vacation suggestions

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 07:35:17 EST 2018

Chris, enjoy your vacation. I live in California and have visited Germany about 5 or 6 times over the last few years to visit car stuff. Germany is very auto focused! I think I’ve toured all the major auto manufacturer museums. My opinion ymmv, the Mercedes Museum is the finest in the world. Happy to share more on that if you’re interested. Porsche is a must see, but for me was VERY disappointing. Both are in Stuttgart. The close second best is Audi north of Munich. I was very surprised by Audi, wasn’t expecting to find it as nice as it is. Both are better than bmw, except bmw includes a factory tour. Volkswagen is near Berlin and is arranged like Disneyland with each brand having its own “land”. Still, Mercedes is easily the fines auto Museum in the world. I’ve also been to Italy to do the same kind of tours, and while I highly recommend doing that too, none of them compare to Mercedes.
The two finest race tracks are Hockenheim and Nurburgring. Others have commented already or Nurburgring, and I second most of their recommendations. Hockenheim has a small museum, and the stadium section of that track is an easy walk from the museum.
I don’t know how long you’re planning to be gone. You obviously can’t see it all in one trip. Let me know if you’d like more input.....I have lots more I could share.