[DeTomaso] Something from the Fun Rally

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Apr 28 23:28:43 EDT 2018

I'm not at the Fun Rally either, but here is something from Gerry Romack
that he shared with me earlier:

The Food here at the M is incredible. The Tech sessions have had 25-35
people....Steve Wilkinson , Dennis Quella, Dan Jones, Mike Drew, and
Kirk Evans all chimed  in about muffler tech when  I showed my muffler
modifications for more flow with less resonance in the muffler with the
1/4 wave cancellation tuning modification.

The weather has been beautiful.

The Mt Charleston Resort Cut Above Restaurant had good food and
beautiful surroundings with plenty of paved parking for the Panteras to
display in front of the hotel. The Nostalga Street Rod museum had
something for everyone and I heard that many wanted to go back just to
spend time at the memorabilia room. The Pole Position go carts are a
hoot to drive......the electric things are fast. We had 6 of us racing
together in one race.

We have a complete exhaust system and door hinges  donated by Steve
Wilkinson. a  new muffler set from Dennis Quella. New DeTomaso Valve
covers (Two Sets),   A Complete EZ Power steering system for a Pantera.
Three  ring gear bolt sets from LloydButfoy. Gift certificates from Hall
Pantera  and Pantera Parts Connection. Seven metal signs donated from
Holley. A new carburator donated from Holley. A Griots Garage car polish
bag set.

SpeedVegas was a blast....

I drove the Ferrari 458 and did 141 on the straight and lapped a few
people......11 members all got the car that they wanted to
drive.....what a blast..........on a sunny day....

Tomorrow will be the car show with Celebrity  cars at the Sansone Park
Place...

We are having a Blast at the M.

--
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager