[DeTomaso] Request for stock Pantera doors

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Mon Apr 30 20:16:33 EDT 2018

All,

I am at the weight cutting (while maintaining originality) phase of
converting Asa Jay's Pantera to a FIA GR3 racer.  I don't want to mess with
or alter the stock doors.  The stock doors, locks, windows, power switches,
etc. work great on the car.  All the glass is also original, with original
markings.  I want to keep the car street legal, FIA Group 3 Legal (as of
12/72), and not beat up or brake any of the original glass as I continue to
race the car.

However, I am allowed to remove the window mechanisms and replace the stock
glass in all windows with Lexan.  So I have decided to look for some old
doors --- even rusted out is ok (we will repair).  I will remove the
originals SN553 doors and al original windows and set them safely aside
with the rest of the mothballed original parts (seats, A/C, bumpers,
etc.).  I will fix and put the replacement doors on the race car, and
replace all the original glass with Lexan windows (with luggage straps for
the side windows - vintage Porsche style).

If anyone has some old doors lying around, please advise --- would love to
take them off your hands.

Have fun at the Rally! Be safe, but sober only on the road.  I hope to get
there once the 5533 is truly done..... still a work in progress.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.