[DeTomaso] Removable steering wheel options

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Thu Apr 12 18:52:05 EDT 2018

Ok all, here are the quick release solutions that I was able (with your
help) to come up with:

   1. Some of you who have generously offered to sell me your's, either
   because you don't need them or don't want them. Thanks!    Let me know
   what you have and the price.  Given that I found some other solutions,
   only offer if you truly don't need it and are happy generating some cash
   and clearing some space.
   2. Crowders Customizing (http://www.crowderscustomizing.com) has a
   complete in stock solution for about $380, not including the steering
   wheel.  I spoke to Jimmy Crowder who was super helpful.
      1. I initially found their hub adaptor product on ebay here:
      https://goo.gl/zWw8SJ.  You can also buy the same adaptor on Crowders
      website for $135.00, here https://goo.gl/5L8mzV.  Jimmy Crowder said
      he has them made in Italy and they are currently in stock.
      2. They have steering wheel/hub adaptors 12 mm for $40 (here:
      https://goo.gl/DmZ1v4) and a horn button adaptor fo $15 (here:
      https://goo.gl/xfXior) if you want to hook up a quick release horn
      and also move the wheel 1/2 inch closer (as I do for SN5533 now that the
      seat is tilted back for more headroom)
      3. For racing and high stress application, this hub adaptor requires
      a better performance quick release then the standard NRG.  Crowders has a
      Swedish race proven snap out adaptor for $190, here:
      https://goo.gl/7nTx7w     You can also find out a little more about
      it on ebay here:  https://goo.gl/cXHP5M.  Importantly, it is SFI
      rated for racing and has no play at all.  It moves the steering
wheel 1.1"
      closer to the driver.
      4. They have a wide variety of steering steering wheels on Crowders,
      at a wide variety of pricing.  It looks like there are some
decent "vintage
      race" worthy wheels for $150.
      5. So, the entire package from Crowders would move the steering wheel
      1.5 inches closer to the driver, and if include a steering
wheel, is all in
      for about $550.
   3. I received a prompt and helpful reply from Becky at
   PanteraPerformance.com and she said the following:
      1. "Hi Steve, we sell a MOMO steering wheel with hub and quick
      release assembly.  The MOMO steering wheel costs $259.00 for the
MOMO Monte
      Carlo type, and $375.00 for the MOMO Race type.  the hub with
quick release
      assembly costs $350.00.  We do not keep them in stock and would need to
      order them.  Prices do not include freight. We can get the hub and quick
      release and without talking with our guy, I think we could get
it to you by
      Mid-May.  Dennis wanted me to let you know that the hub and quick release
      is not SFI approved, so if your race organization requires that, we would
      not be able to help you by selling you what we offer.  The steering
      wheel releases when you push the "horn button""
      2. All in for about $600 including the wheel.  Becky suggested I
      could probably save some money ordering the Momo wheel from online
      discounters.  But, all-in-all-- about the same price as Crowders and a
      better steering wheel.
      3. But because the quick release is *not* SFI approved, I am hesitant
      to put it my race car.
   4. I found this as well on ebay, for $89:  https://goo.gl/Tf76Jn
      1. Brand new steering wheel hub adapter suitable for DE TOMASO
      PANTERA all versions, all years. This hub has multi pattern hole, fits on
      Nardi, or Momo / Sparco steering wheels, 6 holes. It is brand new, comes
      with all items necessary for mounting retainer horn button ring and 6
      bolts.Total length 100 mm. The item is boxed. Shipping worldwide by
      registered letter $15.00."
      2. I made no effort to investigate this further, but it would appear
      to allow fitment of the standard race quick release.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.