[DeTomaso] Adjusting front hood latch

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 19:02:19 EDT 2017

Ok so it seems Ford addressed this issue by way of drilling a hole and
running a secondary cable into the footwell.
Apparently my car didn't get that TSB done. I looked and felt around in
that area and no hole.
But it's not the only way.
In the upper corner drivers side just hidden below the seal there is a
small gap leading to the wheelwell. Not positive but I would think this is
common to most cars, not just mine.
That is where I ran my cable to from the latch, no drilling req'd.

I prefer it in the wheelwell for two reasons.
1. The angle is better when pulling,less angled.You don't want to break the
secondary cable! Plus I'd prefer not to have to stick my head in the
footwell if I can avoid it.
2. I keep a spare set of keys hidden up front so if I happen to lose my
original set I just reach up and pull my secret cable, gain entry, retrieve
the spare key and be on my way. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Matt
3584

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   Ok so it seems Ford addressed this issue by way of drilling a hole and
   running a secondary cable into the footwell.
   Apparently my car didn't get that TSB done. I looked and felt around in
   that area and no hole.A
   But it's not the only way.
   In the upper corner drivers side just hidden below the seal there is a
   small gap leading to the wheelwell. Not positive but I would think this
   is common to most cars, not just mine.
   That is where I ran my cable to from the latch, no drilling req'd.
   I prefer it in the wheelwell for two reasons.A
   1. The angle is better when pulling,less angled.You don't want to break
   the secondary cable! Plus I'd prefer not to have to stick my head in
   the footwell if I can avoid it.
   2. I keep a spare set of keys hidden up front so if I happen to lose my
   original set I just reach up and pull my secret cable, gain entry,
   retrieve the spare key and be on my way. Kill two birds with one stone
   so to speak.
   Matt
   3584

   On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso

     A  A Pretty common to add a second cable so if/when the OEM cable
     breaks or
     A  A slips, you can get in the front trunk without an air chisel.
     Usually
     A  A sticks thru an added hole above the accelerator. There's a TSB
     on
     A  A this...
     A  A -----Original Message-----
     A  A From: Dave McManus <[2]Dave at damardirect.com>
     A  A To: Mike Drew <[3]MikeLDrew at aol.com>; Larry Stock
     A  A <[4]larrys at panteraparts.com>
     A  A Cc: detomaso <[5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
     A  A Sent: Tue, Sep 12, 2017 5:42 am
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Adjusting front hood latch
     A  A Attached is a picture of my old latch. It is different than
     several
     A  A previously attached pictures.
     A  A Mike- Please clean your latch!
     A  A IndyDave
     A  A -----Original Message-----
     A  A From: Mike Drew [[1]mailto:[6]MikeLDrew at aol.com]
     A  A Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 8:03 PM
     A  A To: Larry Stock
     A  A Cc: [2][7]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Adjusting front hood latch
     A  A Jim, Larry,
     A  A No, it is not in the latched position.
     A  A Here is a photo I just took of an unlatched hood latch.
     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [3][8]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.