[DeTomaso] How much has EFI advanced over the past few years?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sat Oct 28 14:55:23 EDT 2017

The block is an aluminum Fontana, which dates back to the early 1980's
and was used in a lot of sprint cars. The Fontana uses a Cleveland oil
pan and crank shaft, but has the Windsor design oiling system. The front
timing cover is like a Windsor, but is made to adapt to the Cleveland
design oil pan. The cylinders liners are pressed in steel and you can
bore them to .160. The heads are 100 percent Cleveland (CHI 3V 225cc
aluminum) and the intake manifold is also CHI 3V, but it is made for the
Fontana block. This is also a dry tall single plane air gap intake
manifold. The front of the cylinder heads are drilled out and the water
lines are routed out to a remote thermostat. The correct term for this
engine may be a Clevor, but the Fontana block is neither a true Windsor
or a true Cleveland.

There are other Pantera owners that have a Fontana block in their cars
and it is an older and well proven engine design.

I don't have a clue as to how to post pictures on this website, but if
someone could show me a simple way to do it, I would be happy to post
engine picture photos. I have driven the car with this engine and fuel
injection system to the last five Pantera Fun Rallies and it ran great
every time.