[DeTomaso] Techno question: Cleveland oil pump

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Oct 3 20:01:11 EDT 2017

Dear Forum,

                I found this in an old archived email from 2004:

                "The extra-large Cleveland oil pump requires a great amount
of torque to turn.  The Cleveland pump is the largest of any small block
engine. "

                 In my amateur engine building, I have never run across any
reference such as that.

                 Does anyone know if it *is* the largest oil pump of any
small block engine?

                Does anyone know *how much* torque is required to turn the
average Cleveland pump with average weight oil???

                                      Curious,  Chuck Engles