[DeTomaso] what are people using for the electrical part of the ignition switch?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 14:52:17 EST 2017

All,

Many years back I found a UK eBay seller with a stash of NOS Capri/Pantera ignition switches for sale. Bought them all  -  30?? 50??  Been a while.

Sold the last of the NOS supply to Dennis Quella a few months ago.

I still do have good used ones available.

These still appear on eBay UK from time to time, but getting scarce. FAR less seen on eBay USA nowadays.

If you go looking for your own source, other than me, TeamBlitz is a good go-to.

If you seek these on your own, be aware there is a visually close cousin to the Pantera unit that does NOT have the two mounting holes found our units. It mounts in a different manner, and has two tabs instead of two holes.

The center, generally black or white plastic portion of the switch, where the tang from the ignition lock indexes, is prone to wear and may be a good indicator of age and likely condition.

IIRC, Steve Wilkinson now has these available in reproduction pieces. Never seen one and unsure of quality.

Larry