[DeTomaso] Candy, now Internet Cameras

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed May 10 15:16:47 EDT 2017

This should be a sobering event for everybody. An inexpensive option is a
multi-channel internet camera with local (or remote) recording capability.
We don't need to advertise what type of systems we have, but a system can
be pieced together easily with the following items:

Motion Activated Infrared Cameras
A USB DVR Hub
An infrared spotlight (if needed for range or looking through glass)
Small inexpensive battery backups (like for routers)
Extra protection - a remote alarm that calls a programmed phone number with
a message

Quite a few vendors have systems you can configure to send you a text when
motion is detected. When you get the text, you can quickly login and
view/snapshot pictures of what critters or scumbags are setting it off.
You then have the choice to grab your personal protection device or call
the law without anybody even knowing you are watching.

Just google for wireless video cameras and find one that suits you.  Even
if you have an alarm, it is a nice backup.

Rob