[DeTomaso] NPC Craigslist scammer fix

Nolan nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Mon May 8 18:38:50 EDT 2017

Hello Friends,

My partner was selling a piano on CL. It was amazing how many dirt bags
called or emailed to buy it. These were from all over the world. The scam
was always the same. They wanted it right away, Troy was to organize the
freight company for fast shipping. They would send a check that was a couple
grand extra just because they KNEW Troy was an honest guy they could trust.
He was just to send back the extra as he shipped out the piano.

There were so many contacts from the ad it became a hassle just telling
people to go away. Finally Troy got a better idea. He told each one they
could have the piano as soon as the money got here. The overnight shipment
checks started rolling in! They all looked real but none were. He figures he
is costing each scammer $20-30 plus their time. Perhaps if more people would
recognize these scams and follow the same idea we could take a bite out of
their cash flow.

All my best,

Nolan