[DeTomaso] Group 4 "CANDY" car stolen

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed May 10 09:44:03 EDT 2017

Along a similar line, my credit card company suspected fraud for
transactions in California while I was also using it in Florida. The
transactions were at a gas station, a shoe store twice in one day, and at a
pharmacy before they cut it off.  It was a minor inconvenience waiting for
two days for a new card, but I was curious and called the stores directly.
The shoe store and gas station stated they captured the thief on
surveillance but police were never called because it was all handled by the
credit card company. The pharmacy would not give me any information, so I
don't know about that but it was a national chain and I assume they have
video too.

I called the credit card company to let them know what I found and the
fraud department said they do not pursue if under a threshold.  $200 comes
to mind, but it has been a while.

It's not about you or your property. It's about time and money. If losses
are lower than a threshold it is just a write off. If property is insured,
it is a low police priority.  Sad but true that crooks probably know this
and get away with it but karma and stupidity on their part should end up
getting them caught eventually.

My brother in college had a nice stereo which when he came home for breaks
he would open up the case and remove internal fuses making the amplifier
not turn on. He also had a note inside saying it was his property and if
found, please call him.  The rat bastard thief stole the amplifier and
other items too.  The amp ended up at a repair shop where the tech called
my brother and the guy got arrested and most of the property returned.

This is a wake up call for sure to add a hidden kill switch or ability to
otherwise make it very difficult to get away with such a thing.

Rob

-------------- next part --------------
   Along a similar line, my credit card company suspected fraud for
   transactions in California while I was also using it in Florida. The
   transactions were at a gas station, a shoe store twice in one day, and
   at a pharmacy before they cut it off.A  It was a minor inconvenience
   waiting for two days for a new card, but I was curious and called the
   stores directly.A  The shoe store and gas station stated they captured
   the thief on surveillance but police were never called because it was
   all handled by the credit card company. The pharmacy would not give me
   any information, so I don't know about that but it was a national chain
   and I assume they have video too.A
   I called the credit card company to let them know what I found and the
   fraud department said they do not pursue if under a threshold. A $200
   comes to mind, but it has been a while.A
   It's not about you or your property. It's about time and money. If
   losses are lower than a threshold it is just a write off. If property
   is insured, it is a low police priority.A  Sad but true that crooks
   probably know this and get away with it but karma and stupidity on
   their part should end up getting them caught eventually.
   My brother in college had a nice stereo which when he came home for
   breaks he would open up the case and remove internal fuses making the
   amplifier not turn on. He also had a note inside saying it was his
   property and if found, please call him.A  The rat bastard thief stole
   the amplifier and other items too.A  The amp ended up at a repair shop
   where the tech called my brother and the guy got arrested and most of
   the property returned.
   This is a wake up call for sure to add a hidden kill switch or ability
   to otherwise make it very difficult to get away with such a thing.
   RobA
     The laws are fine but selectively enforced.A  It used to be whether
     or
     not you were "connected" but not so much anymore.A  Now they only
     look
     at it to see if it looks like work.A  If it does, it's probably not
     worth the trouble because there are so many easy perps out there
     without lawyers.
     I really hope they nail these guys to the wall though!A  That is

     <[3]will.kooiman at gmail.com> wrote:

     >> Thieves are the only people I hate more than littering.
     >>
     >> Is that weird?A  YouA^1d think IA^1d hate rapist or cat jugglers
     or something.

     >> I canA^1t explain it.A  ItA^1s just one of those buttons that
     sets me off.

     >> Thieves, and especially car thieves, have a special place in
     hell.

     >> When the cops wouldnA^1t talk to the guys that stole my car, all
     sorts of
     >> things went through my head - none of them legal.A  Luckily,
     sanity
     >> prevailed, and I moved on.
     >>

     >>> On 5/9/17, 2:55 PM, "Larry - Ohio Time" <Larry at OhioTimeCorp.com>
     wrote:

     >>> I had my credit card number stolen and they bought 2 tickets to
     Las Vegas
     >>> and stayed in the MGM for a week. The airline had photo ID's for
     them and
     >>> no
     >>> one did anything.
     >>>
     >>> Now when they caught the guy who stole my T-Bird he got 2 years,
     but that
     >>> was in the 90's...
     >>>

     >>> Larry (sad) - Cleveland

     They said,

     ____________________________________

     Email List

     com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso

     >>> [15]https://www.facebook.com/pages/slickpaintcom/129049637149634
     ?ref=ts&fref=t
     /mailman/listinfo/detomaso

     --
     Sean Korb [28]spkorb at spkorb.org [29]http://www.spkorb.org
     '65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
     "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P.
     Picasso
     etc.) use the links above.