[DeTomaso] Dead rim

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:14:19 EDT 2017

Charlie,

I haven't seen a "reasonably priced" GT5 Campi for some time, in fact used they seem to be fetching as much as a new reproduction from Marvic. Given that in finding a used 40 year old wheel you might easily be throwing hard earned $$ at a similar condition wheel (under the paint) to what you already have and the amount of long distance/spirited driving you do, I would steer towards the Marvic option.

Julian

Looking for either a competent shop in Europe that can repair a magnesium
rim, or a used, GT5-style 13" rim reasonably priced.

I have a pore in one of mine, and two shops specializing in rims have said
that they can't repair it. It has several cracks under the paint, and they
say they can't repair it.

Any suggestions?