[DeTomaso] Mecum Kissimmee

Richard Greenblum Richard at richardgreenblum.com
Fri Jan 13 14:25:42 EST 2017

Agreed.  The only ³flaw² is the exhaust system.  I think the buyer that
wants that type of car would prefer it to have the Ansa system.  A car
virtually identical to that one, but I think with only 4,000 miles (and the
OE exhaust system) was at the Mecum show here in Austin about two years ago.
The bidding got to $80,000 and the seller walked.  I spoke to him briefly‹he
wasn¹t a Pantera guy, he had several cars at the auction and was all
business.  The highest bidder had approached me before the auction because I
was wearing a deTomaso shirt and wanted to know if I had one.  I told him I
had a ¹74 US GTS and he asked me how much I¹d take for it.  I told him it
wasn¹t for sale, but if it was, I wouldn¹t consider anything less than
$80,000 (that was two years ago).  He ended up bidding the red Pantera up to
$80,000 and stopped there.

Richard
Austin, TX
7080