[DeTomaso] Mecum Kissimmee

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:56:47 EST 2017

Nice!  Definitely one to watch, indeed. Wish my car had one of those
cool cup holders to the right of the engine screen.  It'd be nice to
have a hot cup of coffee nearby when doing carb work, eliminating the
need to repeatedly clamber out of and back into the engine bay. Spare
fan belts?  Did some new Panteras actually come with those?
Otherwise, the value of a pair of 40yo belts would seem to be minimal.
 Sent using Hushmail
On January 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM, "Mark Charlton"  wrote:If that yellow
car sold for $64K, I’d say that is very strong money. It was highly
modified wth some unusual “personal” touches that I would have
expected to hurt the value quite a bit more — as some are not easy
reversible. Have a look at the way the fender front edges meet the
front hood. The interior is modified, but not that well if you look at
the door panels and the bumps and bagging in the leather elsewhere. No
shoulder belts? A broom holding up the rear decklid… there is a lot
to question on this car, IMHO. I think the seller should be pleased.

As far as I can tell, only one Pantera (of the 4 listed) at Mecum will
provide any real indication of the state of the Pantera market, and it
is this one:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269860/1974-detomaso-pantera/

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com
> On Jan 13, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Tom Cabanski  wrote:
>
>   The yellow one which looked very nice just went yesterday for only
>   $64,000.
>
>   Downward trend or the usual low prices that you see at these
auctions?

>   Tom

etc.) use the links above.

   Nice!  Definitely one to watch, indeed.

   Wish my car had one of those cool cup holders to the right of the
   engine screen.  It'd be nice to have a hot cup of coffee nearby when
   doing carb work, eliminating the need to repeatedly clamber out of and
   back into the engine bay.

   Spare fan belts?  Did some new Panteras actually come with those?
   Otherwise, the value of a pair of 40yo belts would seem to be minimal.
   Sent using Hushmail
   On January 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM, "Mark Charlton"
     If that yellow car sold for $64K, Iad say that is very strong money.
     It was highly modified wth some unusual apersonala touches that I
     would have expected to hurt the value quite a bit more a as some are
     not easy reversible. Have a look at the way the fender front edges
     meet the front hood. The interior is modified, but not that well if
     you look at the door panels and the bumps and bagging in the leather
     elsewhere. No shoulder belts? A broom holding up the rear decklida|
     there is a lot to question on this car, IMHO. I think the seller
     should be pleased.
     As far as I can tell, only one Pantera (of the 4 listed) at Mecum
     will provide any real indication of the state of the Pantera market,
     and it is this one:
     [1]https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269860/1974-detomaso-pantera/
     <[2]https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269860/1974-detomaso-pantera/>
     ;