[DeTomaso] Longchamp Spyder questions

David david at transmittersrus.com
Wed Jan 11 04:15:57 EST 2017

I've joined this conversation rather late.

I believe someone is converting a right hand drive Longchamp to left?

Is the garage in Europe?

Is this on a series 3000 car as I believe as well as other changes there
were also changes to dash?

All wide bodied  GTS & GTSE Longchamps afaik had 8" front & 10" rear
magnesium wheels - I have them on my series 3000 GTS.

If you're still looking for a wide-bodied ragtop then have you spoken to Ric
Lee, the chairman of the DTDC in the UK. He was a near neighbour until I
exported myself to Cyprus?

His was the very last GTSE spyder and was for sale at £75,000 GBP some years
ago. He may still have it available.

As far as prices are concerned I'd like to see the 185,000 Euro car - is it
gold plated?

I converted my car from stock auto to 5-speed manual with a heavily upgraded
T5. The fresh Cleveland is now a 408ci with 425bhp & 412lb/ft with CHI
heads. The cam was chosen to move this heavy car in the mid-range for
performance while over-taking the competition!

My LHD GTS next to Colin Bradshaws very last off the production line RHD
GT5S:

 <https://www.facebook.com/david.shapiro.3705>
https://www.facebook.com/david.shapiro.3705

 <https://www.facebook.com/colin.bradshaw.73?fref=jewel>
https://www.facebook.com/colin.bradshaw.73?fref=jewel

I'd consider selling my car but really not sure what it's worth.

David