[DeTomaso] Centric/Stoptech brake rotors--not so fast....

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:43:07 EST 2017

Thanks for the warning, Mike--
I was just about to dig into the brake job my car needs.
 Sent using Hushmail
On February 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM, "Mike Drew via DeTomaso"
wrote:Guys,

An update to the post I made a month or so ago about being able to buy

bolt-on replacement vented/slotted/cryo-treated front brake rotors
from
Stoptech:

I ordered a second pair for another friend and when they arrived, they
were
the wrong ones.   They were the more modern style, where the hub and
rotor
are cast as a single unit.   Forest Goodhart also ordered a pair from
different source (Tire Rack) and they were also wrong.

We are both on the horn to Centric/Stoptech directly.   Apparently the
ones
I got last month were leftover old stock from the previous design.
Oddly,
they claim that they still offer the disc-only setup, but only in a
plain
rotor (no cryo or slotting).   Given that they used to offer those
services,
that seems super-dumb to me.

They are short-staffed this week with a bunch of engineers and
managers
away at some conference, but Monday I'm going to phone them back and
see about
getting this fixed.   After all, the vendors are all selling their
product
based on images THEY provide to their vendors.   Whether it's Summit,
Tire
Rack, Amazon, Ebay or whatever, they all show these things as a
disc-only, but
when the box arrives, SURPRISE!

They were stupid to change the design but not change the part number.

It's created tons of confusion.   Hopefully we can get some resolution
shortly.
  Stay tuned!