[DeTomaso] Centric/Stoptech brake rotors--not so fast....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 15:47:33 EST 2017

Guys,

An update to the post I made a month or so ago about being able to buy
bolt-on replacement vented/slotted/cryo-treated front brake rotors from
Stoptech:

I ordered a second pair for another friend and when they arrived, they were
the wrong ones.   They were the more modern style, where the hub and rotor
are cast as a single unit.   Forest Goodhart also ordered a pair from a
different source (Tire Rack) and they were also wrong.

We are both on the horn to Centric/Stoptech directly.   Apparently the ones
I got last month were leftover old stock from the previous design.   Oddly,
they claim that they still offer the disc-only setup, but only in a plain
rotor (no cryo or slotting).   Given that they used to offer those services,
that seems super-dumb to me.

They are short-staffed this week with a bunch of engineers and managers
away at some conference, but Monday I'm going to phone them back and see about
getting this fixed.   After all, the vendors are all selling their product
based on images THEY provide to their vendors.   Whether it's Summit, Tire
Rack, Amazon, Ebay or whatever, they all show these things as a disc-only, but
when the box arrives, SURPRISE!

They were stupid to change the design but not change the part number.
It's created tons of confusion.   Hopefully we can get some resolution shortly.
  Stay tuned!