[DeTomaso] original or hood locks for lightweight rear deck????

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 22:09:27 EST 2017

Ken asked:
> I'm thinking that it would be better to use a pair of hood locks at each
corner
> that try to fit the stock center lock.

I've seen other track Pantera's with hood pins or locks for the rear deck
and
they seemed to work just fine. Depending on the cage/stiffening you can get
some flex so decide if you want/need to allow for that before drilling
holes.
Hopefully some of the owners of race prepped cars will comment.

My mid-year 71 had a wire loop the latch grabbed, the loop broke on the
freeway and I got to experience the floating decklid effect described in
the other thread. :^)

--michael cox