[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera-- wow!

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Sat Dec 2 00:55:01 EST 2017

_But when a reality TV show does it, somehow it¹s okay._

Ah, but didn't we slam the monkeys when they built that eco-boost dud?
 (interesting idea, tragic result) Like 'em or not, mods are a big
part of the Pantera interest--  very few cars are unmodified and the
vast majority of modified cars (as far as I can tell) are lovingly and
tastefully done. But there are bad ones out there that just need a
good spanking.  The Pantera is a wickedly beautiful machine as-is so
it's no surprise that many of us feel it's a damn shame when somebody
with way too much money and not near enough good aesthetic flair gets
a hold of one and casually uses it as an experiment in amateur auto
design.  One of joys of this list is hearing all you guys rip apart
the turkeys we come across.
The Kurt Busch Pantera was purpose-built as a racer (one of the most
sincere expressions of car love) and the Gas Monkeys did a damn fine
job.  I can't see anything truly offensive about it--  looks great,
Ford motor, goes fast, built to last, what's not to like?  Somebody is
going to have a blast racing that thing for many many years to come.
I only wish it were me (or any one of us).  If the Pantera were my
creation, I'd be proud and delighted that a modern NASCAR race driver
loved the car enough to convert one and race it. But refusing to use
the deTomaso name on the show, repeatedly referring to it as a "Ford
Pantera", well, that is just beyond lame and spits in the eye of A.
deTomaso and all the Italian craftsmen who hand-built these cars.  You
can bet FnL is catching heat for that.  Perhaps the producers feel
they have to dumb-down the car a bit so they don't confuse their
hillbilly audience.  Heck, I guess we all know that TV is commercially
driven which means it has always (mostly) sucked and always will.
(Bring back Ed on Wheeler Dealers!) Oh well, so it goes with the
Pantera.....we were just starting to get a little respect out there
and this TV show for shit-kickers comes along and calls it a Ford.
yee haw!  Ferrari and Porsche guys don't have to deal with this kind
of crap....
 Sent using Hushmail
On November 30, 2017 at 8:18 PM, "Will Kooiman"  wrote:What I find
humorous is that Pantera owners get slammed all the time for
modifying their cars from stock - wings, weird bodywork, etc. - you
know
what I mean.

But when a reality TV show does it, somehow it¹s okay.

This could have been soooo cool.  I didn¹t even watch it, though,
because
the trash they do in the ass monkey garage isn¹t even entertainment
anymore to me.

On 11/29/17, 7:07 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of B Hower via DeTomaso"
 wrote:

>   That is a sad sad thing....
>   Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may
not be
>   ! )
>   On Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 2:42:21 PM CST, The DeTomaso
Registry
>   Guy  wrote:
>   Sorry Terry,
>   I didn't post a warning, did you up-chuck your breakfast ?
>   Chuck
>   Ouuuch!!  Awww Man!  ;-(
>   "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>   stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>
>       On the Registry cover page today is the Pantera Kurt Busch
>       >should< have stared with as a base for their project:
>

>       [1]http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp
>

>       Did anyone determine the VIN of the Busch car ?  It would be
nice
>   to see
>       what they stared with.  Did it recently (last 2 years) sell at
>   auction ?
>

>       Chuck

etc.)
>   use the links above.
>   Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
any
>   message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
>   list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
archive
>   or approve the archiving of list messages.
>
>References
>
>   1. http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp
>   2. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>
>To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
use