[DeTomaso] stock A arm bushing quaility ?

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sat Aug 19 21:22:42 EDT 2017

During the chassis discussion, I discovered the quality of the "stock" A arm
bushings I just received might be less than desired.

The frame drawing shows the tabs should be 47mm or 1.850" +0.020/-0.   I
checked 4 of my removed A arms and yes the bushings are 1.850 +/- 0.005 (the
tolerance of quickly checking with calipers)

However I checked 8 of the 16 new ones  and they were 1.850 +/- 0.50".
Yes, the ranged from 1.80 to 1.90!

Did I receive rejects?  L

Or is this just a car and not rocket science.

Joe