[DeTomaso] VIN Plate Double-stamp

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Aug 17 13:59:40 EDT 2017

A few weeks ago, I chased down a Pantera that I had not seen in my town
before.  I do not want to get into specifics on the VIN until I clear it
with the owner, but it was was double stamped on the first of the last 4
digits (the thousandths).  Because the number was very close to VIN #s of
the prior thousand, it seemed reasonable that the factory would have
printed a bunch of plates with the thousand digit pre-stamped.

It seems reasonable, but I wanted to check if anybody else has seen this or
heard that VIN plates were done that way.  It's kind of like finding a
double headed coin.

Rob