[DeTomaso] Update on Stoptech rotor scrape

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:23:11 EDT 2017

Thanks to all who helped me through this little adventure, especially
Mike Drew, who apparently dropped everything and jacked up Lori's car,
pulled a wheel off and took a picture for me. The scrape was caused by
the Stoptech rotor "grabbing surface" being 1/16" wider than stock and
ever so slightly scraped the outer caliper where it has two small tabs
that are very close to the rotor on the calipers' outer "pincher".
For some reason, what has not been an issue for many others on this
simple swap turned out to be an issue on my car. After determining
that it was not a rotor defect or an installation error on my part, I
used a grinder to remove enough caliper metal to clear the rotor.
Piece of cake.  Test drive (damn, this car is fun!) shows no issues.
John73L, 5909
 Sent using Hushmail