[DeTomaso] Oil Leak Fixed. What Torque?

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at OhioTimeCorp.com
Wed Sep 14 16:03:14 EDT 2016

<< I just tighten so it feels tight without over tightening>>

When I asked a similar question in class the teacher told me use "MF"!

"Mechanic's Feel"....as I was told later.

Larry (got the feeling) - Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf
Of Charles McCall
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:55 PM
To: Himes, Terry (397C)
Cc: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Oil Leak Fixed. What Torque?

Terry -
I can't answer your specific question as to proper torque, but I can offer
some practical experience.

I remove the valve covers every year as I have solid lifters and I
check/adjust the lash once a year. I just tighten so it feels tight without
overtightening - which I realize is neither a Metric nor Standard unit of
measure - and I don't have leaks. I have blue Fel-pro valve covers, which
allow a certain amount of compression. I just tighten it down fairly snug,
by hand, without overtightening and I have never had problems.